Monday, February 3, 2014

3 inch update

the 3 inch wide Duro tires are no match for 6 inches of mashed potato snow. pedaling on the flat can be done with a ton of effort. the faster you go the easier it is but ANY amount of uphill will grind you to a halt and once you stop, getting rolling again is very hard even on flat ground. I didn't get to ride any fast downhill but I imagine they'd be great for that.
 I was running about 12 psi and I think I could have run less. the sidewalls on these mothers are really stiff in the cold.

5 comments:

  1. All of this rain and ice on top of these mashed potatoes and a hard freeze tonight might make for some rare riding if you have studs tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have 3 inches up front and 3 inches in the back doesn't that make 6 inches.........

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really stiff in the cold too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. keep talking like that and maybe Sheena will ride with us.

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.